Friday, July 2, 2010

W is for Winters, R is for Reinhardt

I've recently finished another YA novel.  This one is Sense and Sensibility and Sea Monsters by Jane Austen and Ben H. Winters.  I enjoyed this reworking of Austen's novel even better than Pride and Prejudice and Zombies.  I thought the changes were very clever.  It was funny to see how the English might adapt when the sea life surrounding their island becomes hostile.  It almost felt like a new story, but with characters I already know and love, and it was hilarious!


I also finished Harmless by Dana Reinhardt.  This novel tells the story of three girls who tell a terrible lie in order to get out of trouble over being at a party at a senior boy's house.  Instead of admitting to the truth, they create a story that one of them was attacked, leading to the arrest of an innocent man.  It is an interesting look at why people lie, and how good kids can end up doing bad things.

No comments:

Post a Comment