Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Eating and Drinking Goals

Goal 46 is well underway because I tried the 6 beer sampler at the Lake Placid Pub and Brewery.  The beers I tried were:
Local Gold Ale.  This was my favorite.  It was a light gold ale, named in honor of the athletes from Lake Placid who were participating in the Winter Olympics in Vancouver that week.

Twice Bitten Barleywine.  A darker beer, with good flavor.

Fresh Powder Milk Stout.  This was a very dark beer, similar to Guiness.  It had a very strong flavor, but I really enjoyed it.

Moose Island Ale: Another lighter, pleasant ale.

Lake Placid IPA:  I love IPAs.  One of the more bitter beers in the sampler, but good taste.

Ubu Ale:  This is the pub's most famous beer, which is found around New York, especially in this area.  I learned that it was named after a chocolate lab.  It is a reddish beer with good strong flavor.  Justin and I got pint glasses from the pub with the Ubu logo on them.

Goal 45 has also gotten off to a good start.  I went to 5 restaurants this month.

Lake Placid Pub and Brewery: Besides the beer sampler, Justin and I also had lunch here.  It was Friday during Lent so we both had fish and chips.  Mine was really good, with a good beer batter, and lots of malt vinegar for the chips.  Justin got his fish with wing sauce on it, an option I'd never seen before.  It was also very good.

Christies Grill:  My family went here for my dad's birthday.  I had crab-stuffed fish, with a side of au gratin potatoes.  The potatoes were really bland so I didn't eat them.  The fish was pretty good.  My only issue is that they seem to like to put cream sauce on everything, and I'm not a huge fan of that.

The Silo Restaurant:  Justin and I went here for Valentine's day.  It is a very nice restaurant, and they even had a guitar player playing and singing for the Valentine's day diners.  We shared crab-stuffed mushrooms for an appetizer along with our salad bar.  For my dinner I had sea scallops.  They were pretty good, and the portion was huge.  We also had a nice bottle of white wine with our dinner.

Los Tapatios:  My parents have been telling me about this place for a while and I'm so happy Justin and I finally went.  It is a tiny Mexican restaurant in Endicott.  The food is cheap and delicious.  I had the tachitos lunch that comes with one chicken and one beef tachito.  I also had mexican rice and guacamole with tortilla chips.  I definitely want to go back.

Northwoods Inn Restaurant:  I wasn't sure how the food here would be since it was a hotel, but we all had really good meals.  This place in in Lake Placid, where I was with my family for the Empire State Games.  I had a really good crab cake special that was very flavorful.

No comments:

Post a Comment